Wednesday 6 October 2010

Pelicans at the Piece Hall

I am somewhat addicted to books. To reading them, of course, but also just looking at them, arranging them on my bookshelves, basically lusting after them I suppose.

A few weeks ago, Husband and I had a rare day alone without the children. We walked around the Piece Hall in Halifax, England.




The Piece Hall is a wonderful collection of 300 rooms built around a courtyard in 1779 originally designed to service the cloth trade that Halifax was once so dependent on. Now it is full of small independent shops selling anything and everything. In amongst them I found a fantastic second hand book shop and thoroughly indulged my addiction to old pelican books - mainly, I admit, for their fantastic covers. Here's some of my trawl.









photo credit

No comments:

Post a Comment